Scheduled Reports Engine
A scheduled report is based on a saved Report Builder definition (also called snapshot). This means that you need to define at least one Report Builder snapshot before you can use this new feature. Go to Tool -> Report Builder to define your report builder snapshot. For more information about Report Builder, please see flash tutorial: http://www.ebsuite.com/help/flash/0149ReportBuilder.htm
How to configure a scheduled report?
Go to Account -> Setup -> Background Workflow Engine -> Scheduled Reports. Click [Create New] button to create a new engine for sending scheduled reports. You will be led to the Scheduled Report Detail page where you can configure the information for the record.
Following is the steps to setup a scheduled report:
1. Give a name for the report.
2. (Optional step) Specify a description as additional information.
3. Specify a saved report builder for scheduled reports.
4. Specify the repeat pattern for send out this scheduled report. The minimum value is 7 days.
5. Enter the email address(es) to which your scheduled report will be sent.
6. Enter subject and content for your email.
7. (Optional step) Specify what will be displayed before your report by entering HTML code in the “report_html_before:” text box. Edit HTML code in “report_html_after:” to decide what will be displayed after the report.
8. Click the [Submit] button to save the report.
Then you will be led to Schedule Reports Summary page. Here you can disable/enable the record by checking/unchecking the “Enable” check box and edit each record by clicking the corresponding Name link.
The report will be sent out when you enable a scheduled report.
For more information about this feature, please see below flash tutorial.